Saturday, October 8, 2011

I have a blog, what?

Ok, so I know it has been months since I last posted a blog!  During the summer I was so ready to get a blog up and running so I could update everyone on "happenings" in my life.  Well, I kind of lost touch with my motivation to keep the blog updated when I never really knew what to write about, nor did I want to spend hours pondering my thoughts just so I could write them down and *hope* that someone would read it.
Whenever I am on facebook or a fitness related site, I love to read other fitness enthusiast's blogs about their training, competition prep, and everyday lives.  Reading what other people are doing to achieve their fitness goals really motivates me to continue pursuing mine.  So, that got me to thinking...What if my blog motivates other people, too?  There is nothing I love more than when people tell me that I inspire them to go out and get fit or pursue their fitness goals.  So, I have been telling myself all week that I am going to update my blog...Well, I didn't get around to it until just now, but I am going to start updating it frequently! I promise!
I just finished a great workout at the gym and whenever I am done training, I always get a new burst of motivation.  Although I am physically drained, my mindset is unstoppable! So I knew this would be the perfect time to start back up on my blog.
For my first post back, I will just briefly update everyone with what's been going on since my last post (which was so long ago that a lot has probably happened).
I did my first Figure competition back in July in Tucson.  It was nerve racking being up on stage considering I have never really been on a stage in front of a lot of people in my whole life!  There are some people that grow up performers- the ones whose parents forcefully put them in choir or dance or orchestra or gymnastics or beauty pageants or....well, you get it.  Anyhow, that was not me.  When I was younger, I tried my hand at a few sports but wasn't very good and my parents never forcefully made me do anything.  So I did not grow up "performing" .  Being on stage is a whole new feeling for me!  After getting on stage for the first time in Tucson, however, I loved it!  I ended up getting 2nd in the Figure Open Class A and 1st in the teen division.
The next week, I did the Arizona Open.  This show was slightly bigger than the weekend prior, but I got up there and it was a lot less stressful.  My posing was still horrible because again, I am no performer.  Nor am I a dance whose movements just flow.  I am stiff and demanding, and by my posing, you can tell I have no sense of rhythm!  At this show, I got the same placings as Tucson.  Women's Figure Class A- 2nd place and Teen Division (figure)- 1st.
A few weeks later, in August, I went to a show in California and I ended up winning Overall Figure.  Now that, that was a nice feeling.  It was surprising because, just weeks before, I never had ANY intention of competing in a figure/bikini/bodybuilding show and I did alright!
Well, school is now back in session, but I am going to make it a priority to post progress pictures, workouts, life updates, tips, and all sorts of stuff to keep my followers engaged!
I hope to inspire other people the way that other fitness enthusiasts inspire me to pursue my goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment